Oh hey there!
71 days until I’m a Garcia. Or Mash-Garcia, I haven’t decided yet.
I just wanted to momentarily wedding vent with you guys so that if by chance you’re also in the midst of planning a wedding, on an extremely small budget, or know someone planning a wedding on an extremely small budget, you can tell me “uh huh, yes it’s normal to feel like you’re going crazy.”
I’m eating, sleeping, and breathing wedding details. Let’s get started..
DIY Bridesmaid gifts!
I invited 5 of my closest friends to be my bridesmaids. All of them (but one), I’ve known since 6th grade and younger, and I couldn’t imagine getting married without any of them by my side.
We’re on a small wedding budget (did I mention that already?), and by small I mean we’re trying to come in under $15,000. In the Bay Area, it’s almost impossible to plan a wedding for this amount, so all of the smaller details I’ve had to handcraft myself.
My first DIY for our wedding was my Bridesmaid gifts. I wanted something simple I could mail to the girls that still had some character to it. After making them, I thought they’d make such beautiful gifts for Holidays, family gatherings, dinner parties, etc, which is why I’m sharing how I made them with you.
I knew I wanted to use olive branches, but had no idea where I was going to find an olive tree. And then I looked at the driveway entrance to our apartment complex and noticed 3 olive trees in a row. Needless to say it wasn’t long before I was out there with a stool and clippers.
- small (medium or large) brown boxes
- Olive branch
- Find some kraft boxes that will fit whatever favor or gift you’re giving. I got mine from the store I bought the necklaces at, and they were FREE!
- Wrap your box with twine however you’d like. I did some different variations of wrapping the twine (as seen above).
- Slide in your branch of choice. The leaves on the branch got pretty wilty and shriveled up after about a week. I’d clip the branch the day before or day of you’re giving the gift.
- Twine $5.48 You can buy some on Amazon Prime too! Gotta love free shipping
- kraft boxes $0
- Olive Branches $0
Total spent on packaging $5.48
What’s your favorite DIY you’ve either done or seen done for a wedding?