Kabocha Squash in Thai Curry
Author: Le Fork
Recipe type: Dinner
- For the curry:
- - 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- - 1 cup chopped celery
- - 1 cup chopped carrots
- - 1 cup chopped onion
- - 1/4 cup chopped and peeled ginger
- - 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- - 3 Tbsp. Thai Red Curry Paste
- - 4 cups chicken broth
- - 1 cup coconut milk (I used the box kind because the canned coconut milk tends to be more sugary and higher in calories for my liking)
- - 1 bell pepper diced
- - 1 small kombucha squash diced
- - 1/2 yellow onion diced
- - chopped cilantro for garnish
- For the Curry:
- Preheat the oven to 425. Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium-low heat. Add carrots, celery, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are fragrant and softened.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add the curry and cook until caramelized 2-3 minutes. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain curry through a fine mesh strainer. Discard vegetables. Return liquid to the same pot; add coconut milk, bell pepper, and onion. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bake the kombucha squash on a baking sheet until tender (probably about 15-20 minutes).
- Add squash to the curry.
- Serve over brown rice or quinoa.
Recipe by at http://www.lefork.com/2012/11/12/kombucha-squash-in-thai-curry/