You guys, I couldn’t stop eating these pecans.
Aren’t simple recipes just the best? These tasty little pecans just need sea salt, olive oil, and rosemary. And let me tell you, when you suddenly find out you’re going to be entertaining and having people over, this is a life saver. Because who doesn’t love a good salty handful of nuts?
Get your mind out of the gutter my friends, I know you’re giggling.
Ok but in all seriousness, make these. Even if you’re not having people over they are a great snack to have around the house, or to bring to work. They kept good for about a week for me in a tightly sealed container. But let’s be honest, they’re so good they probably won’t last longer than a week anyway.
Oh! By the way, this was my first freelance food photography job! Scene Magazine (a women’s fashion magazine in the Bay Area) commissioned me to take photos for this recipe out of the Clean Plates Cookbook by Jared Koch with Jill Silverman Hough.
So the recipe below comes from them! Enjoy =)
- - 3 cups raw pecan halves
- - 2 tbs good quality extra virgin olive oil
- - 1 tbs chopped, fresh rosemary
- - sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the pecans on a rimmed bacon sheet and toast for 12 minutes until fragrant and slightly browned. DO NOT BURN THEM!
- Remove the nuts from the oven and place them in a large bowl. Toss with the olive oil, rosemary, and sea salt to taste.